Structural Inequities, Aging and Dementia
- Examining the long-term impacts of exposure to structural racism and structural violence over the life course on aging and cognitive decline (PI, Co-investigators: Paola Gilsanz, ScD, Nicole Kravitz-Wirtz, PhD; Senior investigators: Lisa Barnes, PhD; Rachel Whitmer, PhD; Maria Glymour PhD)
- Differential patterns of immigration and acculturation, educational inequities, and aging and cognitive decline (PI: Oanh L. Meyer, PhD; Role: Co-investigator; Senior investigators: Rachel Whitmer, PhD; Maria Glymour PhD)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Health Workforce
- Understanding recent reforms and current practices in medical school school admissions (PI; Co-investigators: Rachel Hardeman, PhD, Tonya Fancher MD, Mark Henderson MD)
- Characterizing experiences of underrepresented students in applying to graduate programs in the health professions (PI; Co-investigators: Maribel Ortega, Efrain Talamantes, MD, MBA, MS)
- Examining the professional climate and diversity, equity and inclusion in health services research and policy (PI: Taylor Rogers, MPH; Co-investigators: Tongtan Chantarat, Carmen Mitchell; Role: Senior Investigator)
- Systematic review of post-baccalaureate programs (PI: Mallory Johnson, MPA; Role: Senior Investigator)
- Long-term trends in primary care practice in underserved areas among graduates of participating institutions of the AMA Changing Medical Education Initiative (PI; Co-investigators: Marina Marin; Senior investigators: Tonya Fancher, MD, Marc Triola MD, Mark Henderson, MD)
Healthcare in California’s San Joaquin Valley
- Describing the experiences of primary care providers in a rural and agricultural region: challenges, successful strategies, recruitment and retention (PI).
- Describing SJV community health centers: locations, services, and reviews of quality of care (PI).
Medicaid and Workforce
- Describing linguistic capacity of Medi-Cal (Medicaid) primary care providers
- Iv S and Ko M. Examining The Number of San Joaquin Valley Medicaid Primary Care Providers That Offer a Southeast Asian Language. APHA Annual Meeting. Nov 2019.
- Using managed care plan data to assess Medi-Cal (Medicaid) participation by active licensed physicians (PI)
- Examining linguistic accessibility of Medi-Cal (Medicaid) managed care plan documentation (PI)
Community Health Centers and Rural Health Clinics: Supply and Distribution
- Estimating combined effects of Community Health Centers funding and Medicaid expansion on geographic distribution of primary care safety net providers (PI)
- Impact of rural hospital closures on spatial access to care in the US South (PI: Arianna Planey, PhD; Role: Senior Investigator; Co-investigators: Donald Planey, PhD, Sandy Wong, PhD, Sara McLafferty, PhD)